About the Friends
Friends of the Cambridge Area EMS is a 501(c) (3) registered non-profit organized group of volunteers who support the community activities of the Cambridge Area EMS.
If you are a Healthcare Provider who may want to share your knowledge and expertise with the organization, we would welcome you as a Friend of the Cambridge Area EMS.
- The Friends are in need of volunteers who will support our new website with 4-5 hours of time each month to manage the website and keep it updated.
- A Friends’ volunteer is needed who is well-versed in use of social networking media to assist us with publicity, press releases, and marketing Cambridge Area EMS events
- Healthcare Providers are needed with expertise to assist in presentations to the community and/or with certification to teach CPR, Stop the Bleed, or Community Health Screenings.
The Friends sponsor events during the third week of May each year, which is “EMS Week”. One special event during EMS week is the “Annual Ice Cream Social” for community residents to stop by and thank the EMS providers for their work. In 2020 EMS Week is May 17 – 23. The Ice Cream social will be held on Thursday, May 21, 2020.
Areas of Interest
- Community Events:
- Community Health Screening
- Liaison to CAP and Cambridge Wellness Collaborative
- Office and Station
- Serving Dinner (no food prep, just serving) to the EMTs on training night, the 2nd Tuesday of each month
- Filing and organization
- Semi-Annual Blood
- Assist with promotion, support service to Red Cross on the days of the drives
- Cannonball Run, 2nd Saturday in July
- Social Media management
- Website management