Full time employment also offers Health and Dental benefits and enrollment in the Wisconsin Retirement System. Paid time off is accrued at hire date.
The Friends of Cambridge EMS are in need of volunteers who will support our new website with 4-5 hours of time each month to manage the website and keep it updated. Please check out the Friends page on how to volunteer.
A Friends’ volunteer is needed who is well-versed in the use of social networking media to assist us with publicity, press releases, and marketing Cambridge Area EMS events. Please check out the Friends page if you are interested in volunteering.
Cambridge Area EMSEmergency Medical Technician
Emergency Services – Pre-Hospital Health Care
EMS personnel respond to emergency and non-emergency calls to provide efficient and immediate care to the critically ill and injured, and to transport the patient to a medical facility.
Education, Training, Licensures
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current Wisconsin state EMT Certification and Licensure
- Current National Registry EMT Certification
- Health Care Provider CPR certification
- Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License (meeting insurability requirements)
- Paramedic employment requires PALS, ACLS and NREMT-P as well as all of the above
- Experience as an EMT with a 911 BLS and/or ALS service
New Graduate Program
- An EMT-B or EMT-A recently graduated with NREMT certification may apply for a special training program as an on-call employee.
Job Knowledge and Skill Required
- Working knowledge of EMT skills
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with patients, public, peers and supervisory personnel
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Writing and spelling skills appropriate for completion of patient care reports.
- Computer data entry proficiency
- Ability to work independently under pressure
- Competency with Word Processing, Spreadsheet products, Charting software (Image Trend/Elite), and other software and web based applications.
- Excellent customer/public service skills
- Judgement and Initiative
- Ability to work under pressure. Use of critical analysis for problem solving, decision-making, and taking action in emergent patient care situations.
- Work at independent level within parameters of established policies and procedure
- Reports to: CAEMS Director and/or Crew Chief
- Internal and external contacts including
- Colleagues and supervisors and other CAEMS employees
- Healthcare providers
- Patients and families and friends
- CAEMS residents, organizations and businesses
Physical Demands of the Job
- Sustained physical effort, standing, sitting, stooping, squatting, kneeling, lifting, pushing, pulling and climbing.
Must be able to perform the following essential functions of the job and have the ability to lift without assistance a minimum of 100 pounds.
Patient Care Activities
- Provide state of the art patient BLA/ALS care through the pre-hospital 911 system including as well as inter-facility tranports, mutual-aid, and event standby operations.
- Provide direction and assistance to any crew member or public safety personnel as needed.
- Provide License-level (BLS/ALS) assessment to patients
Act as EMS incident commander at scene as needed or in absence of on scene supervisor.
Safety (in and around the vehicle)
- Identify and respond to safety issues in a timely manner to Deputy or Director
- Operate vehicles safely within a manner consistent with organizations policies.
- Monitor equipment for proper function
- Report malfunctioning equipment in a timely manner.
- Interact appropriately with all internal and external contacts
Patient Privacy and Confidentialty
- Protect the privacy of all patient information in accordance with the CAEMS privacy policies, procedures, and practices, as required by federal and State of Wisconsin law
Perform other duties and functions as assigned by the Director
Medical Director Authorization to Practice
I understand that I practice under the permission and authority of the Medical Director of the Cambridge Area EMS and that this permission and credentialing may be withdrawn at any time pursuant to DHS10.52(6) Wisconsin Administrative Code.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by CAEMS members within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of members of the service. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
Cambridge Area EMSOffice Assistant
As of this date, November 2019, we are also looking for an accomplished office assistant to support the EMS Director and crews. We are offering a 15 hour/week position at $15 per hour. Cambridge Area Emergency Medical Services (CAEMS) shall maintain an Office Assistant under the supervision of the CAEMS Service Director.
Office Assistant Duties
Be responsible to administer and manage office duties such as:
- Retrieve the mail from the US Post Office
- Retrieve mail from internal mailbox of Robert Salov
- Sort Mail and direct to appropriate person
- Scan invoices and send to bookkeeper
- Producing letters, policies, meeting notes, reports & other documents
- Enter data into spreadsheets and manipulate information as necessary
- Organize files digitally and in paper as appropriate
- Manage recordkeeping
- Complete and file annual reports for CAEMS and Friends of the CAEMS
- Apply for permits as needed from
- Answer office phone and direct the calls and take messages
- Develop and implement processes for organization of the office functions
- Assist with personnel time sheets
- Maintain contact lists in email program
- Ordering office supplies and keeping inventory
- Assure workstations are appropriately supplied
- Management of credentialing documents
- Delivery management
- Supervise chores completion
- The Office Assistant will assist the Director, Deputy Director, Officers and the Project Manager in maintaining efficient office operations.
- The Office Assistant may assist the Director in communication with the membership as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge Required
5+ years of Office Management experience preferred
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills
- Knowledge of properly formatting multiple types of document
- Knowledge of spreadsheet building and maintenance
- Organization of files,
- Data entry skills
- Excellent office organizational skills
- Knowledge and proficiency in MS Office Suite, Documents, Excel, Power Point and Publisher